Friday, June 24, 2011

Ave Dominus Nox...


During this past weekend, the Nightlords came out to play once again. This time I drew a salmanders player who asked for a 2000pts game. I added 2 small chosen squads for this fight armed with a lascannon and a plasma gun to give my opponent some reason to fear for his vehicles. My opponent list consisted of Vulkan (of course), squad of Thunderhammer stormshield terminators in a landraider, 1 venerable dreadknought, 1 regular dreadnought in a droppod, 3 tactical squads with melta guns plasma cannons in 2 Rhinos and 1 Razorback, 2 Landspeeders wtih heavy flamers and multimeltas, Dakka Predator, vindicator, and a thunderfire cannon. We rolled Annihilation and dawn of war (that's twice now) and I won first turn. Again, I gave first turn to my opponent and deployed nothing, after he had deployed I infiltrated my two chosen squads one in a high building toward the center of the table and the other in a building in the middle of my deployment zone. My opponent wasn't expecting this and my chosen paid off in spades by taking out a Rhino and immobilizing his landraider first turn!! This first move set him off as he wasn't expecting this, its funny how losing a key unit early on really alters how one plays after. I have had my Key unit taken out early on and believe me it really alters how you play after. I guess the good player continues on as normal; unfortunately like my opponent I would have started panicking or would have been extremely upset. This set the tone for the rest of the game as my Nightlords took the salamanders apart. By turn 2, I had neutralized all of his long range fire. By turn 3 he had no vehicles left but a venerable dread, and a razorback. By Turn 5 it was pretty much over but we continued to turn 6 and I ended up winning the game 8 - 3. I like the fact that I am still running a none competitive list and still doing pretty good with them. Again my MVP's of this game are the chosen squads. I am thinking that I might make them a part of my lists, in any lists that I run.

These guys are my wild card, due to their infiltrate ability, it gives me the ability to place these guys in the most advantageous places after my opponent has deployed his prize vehicles. So the Nightlords are 2-0 since I started using them, in no small part to the chosen squads. Pics are of 4 new squad members that I just finished. I plan on painting some more Raptors and finishing a new termi lord that will be joining my lightning claw termies in the landraider just to give them more punch and allow me to field a different HQ if I don't want to run a biker lord. Let me know what you guys think...

5 comments:

  1. You should do a collection of 10,000 points of Chaos. Tha way you can have a different army list for every point level. Think about it. One list can be assault heavy, one could be bike heavy, one can be a troop heavy, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have been thinking about starting a CSM army of about 1000 points...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I already have 10000 points of chaos if I take into consideration my different chaos armies,the Thousand Sons, the Nightlords, and my plague marines, and all of my vehicles. Its cool having a lot of points as it gives you a lot of options to try out. Never get bored of the army!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow really Clayton, you want to start a Chaos space marine army? You decided to back the winning team huh? All kidding aside, let me know what type of army you are looking for and I can point you in the right direction. I have been playing CSM for almost 7 years now and have played almost all types of CSM armies.

    ReplyDelete