Thursday, August 25, 2011

Going On Campaign ..


Its that time again to run another campaign. I've been reading through the Badab War Imperial Armor books and got inspired to run another campaign with my local group. Like the Badab war campaign I plan on making it based on points where each type of game is worth different points from playing boarding actions to apocalypse games. I might do a unique character mechanic where your HQ will gain experience points for each game played with the added benefit of getting to buy USRS with their experience. Below are the details I'm thinking of including..

- Make this a team campaign with teams of 3-6 a side
- Basic sides would be the forces of the Imperium vs. the forces of Chaos/Xenos
- The back story I was going for is of a Space Marine chapter or Battle company that has turned its back on the imperium who they feel turned their back on them. As the imperium starts closing in around them with superior odds, the captain looks to anybody for aid including Xenos and the forces of chaos. So one of the players will need to play a space marine army who will play the role of the fallen battle company. If nobody will take up this role, I could definitely take it using my Chaos space wolves or even fallen Black templars, but I leave it open to anybody.
- The campaign will have 4 phases with each phase lasting 2-3 weeks. During each phase, players are allowed to play games with other players (as many as they like)and as mentioned above, depending on type of mission/game, they are worth a different amount of campaign points. Each phase will have a special mission though that needs to be played by a chosen champion from each team. This mission will be worth the most and can only be played once per phase.
- winning a phase grants a benefit to the winning team for the next phase. For example if Team A wins phase 1, then in phase 2, Team A gets a minus 1 to all reserve rolls etc.

Thats pretty much it, my goal is to keep it simple in order for the campaign to basically run itself with only needing me to keep track of campaign points and not maps, territories, etc so that I can play. Let me know what you guys think...

No comments:

Post a Comment