Friday, April 18, 2014

And the hobbying continues

Whats up guys?  So I have decided to move forward with building my next army.  After doing some clean up, I found a surplus of models that were just collecting dust or new in the box or blister pack.  Among these models were 5 completely built drop pods, 2 storm ravens, 20 death company armed with ccw and bolt pistols, 2 furioso dreds, and 30 tact marines.  Well what to do?  It would be a shame to just get rid of these models and so I decided to go ahead and paint up a dual purpose army that could be run as either a codex space marine drop pod army or a blood angels army.  In order to do this, I plan on painting the army a little differently using colors that dont match any established chapter so that I could run them as my own chapter.  Of course everything will be what you see is what you get so anybody playing me will not have any issues with recognizing what each unit is.  I am first going to concentrate on the blood angel side as these models are already built an all I need is an HQ to lead them.  I will probably start with a reclusiarch as a cheap HQ or librarian which i might be able to build using some spare parts.  30 tact marines will fulfill my troops selection with dedicated drop pods and the 2 furioso dreads with magma cutters, melta guns will provide some cc and anti tank punch.   For the codex space marines part, it will still be a drop pod/storm raven army as its base but I will be adding a beater chapter master, 1 or 2 thunderfire cannons and will be using the red hunters chapter tactics as next to the ultra marines I find the most flexable.   Not going to add bikes in as my Nightlords army will be my biker army.  Pics are my works in progress of the 2 10 man tact squads.  I am hoping that by next post, I will have some more updates for the army.

No comments:

Post a Comment