Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Firewarrior spam test drive

Sup guys, been an age since I posted, sorry about that but with the holidays now in full swing and me getting a new job/position and work which includes a ton of traveling, life has been hectic.  I want to talk about my experience with using the Tau list that I posted about.   Basically the list revolves around spamming strength 5 guns everywhere from running 4 full squads of firewarriors to 2 squads of stealth suits.  For heavy support, 2 squads of broadsides.   I also included 2 remora stealth drones and with their updated rules are really good for their price point.  These added in more strength 5 guns to the list as will as 2 additional marker lights.  A couple of weeks back I was finally able to take the list out for a test run in a couple of games and really liked how the list performed.  My first game was in a 2000 point league against an eldar with necron allies (yup you heard that right) list that included a wraithknight,  2 mini jetseer squads, 2 night scythes,  necron overlord in a douche canoe, and I want to say a couple of Annie barges.  My opponent definitely had an edge on me however through useful application of fire warrior firepower I was able to kill off all of his units threatening my side of the board and using my lone commander battlesuit and riptide to contest the objectives that he didn't have obsec units on.  Needless to say I lost 3 of my 4 firewarrior units but that last one was able to claim an objective on my opponents side due to laying low behind some line of sight blocking terrain and running them the last 2 turns to claim the objective.  I ended up winning the game but it was definitely close with that last firewarrior squad netting me the win with a lucky run roll.  It was a close game but it did show me that my list at least had some legs to stand on.  My second game was during my clubs game day.  I played against a great opponent who was running iron hands space marines with bikes,  centurion dev squad, chapter master of doom on a bike, and a couple of dreads.  First priority in this game was to get rid of the fast movers.  He brilliantly placed the chapter master in front to tank wounds however unless a model has 6 to 8 wounds, I don't care if you have a 2 up save, if I make you take 60 armor saves, you are going to lose the model.  That is exactly what happened as I had 3 full units of fire warriors using the storm of iron power from the ethereal to obliterate both the chapter master and the bike squad.  I then went after his mobile scoring units leaving just the centurions and a devastator squad left which I shot at all game but he kept making his pesky armor and cover saves.   We got to turn 5 before we called it by the score of 10 to 3 in favor of the Tau.   Well the army does have legs to stand on but I can definitely see some of the weak spots.  Blast template heavy armies will absolutely destroy the linchpin which is the ethereal so I might want to add another one to at least make it a little bit harder for my opponents.   I will need to play the list more to see if it's something I will stick with.  As I am a gamer with ADD, in my pics you will see my first squad of crisis suits for my far sight enclave army.   I wanted to have a low model count army that I could take with me during my business trips that is easy to carry with me on planes.  Currently I have about 1000 points which travels wonderful in a small malifaux bag I had sitting around.  The army includes 6 crisis suits, a commander, a riptide, 3 broadsides, and marker drones.  The army has been fun to use even though I have lost more games with it then won.  I hope to finish it in time for next trip and might had several more units to bring it up to 1500 pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment