Thursday, August 12, 2010

Plantery Empires...


This weekend is the 2nd round of my Planetary Empires Campaign. I asked the GW manager if he would allow me to run a Plantary Empires campaign several weeks ago and he loved the idea. I purchased the tile set about a year ago and have only got to use it once since then, a campaign in which I tried to do a team based one failed miserably as I had a huge issue with getting 12 players to "show up" to play. I decided to run this one without some of the complications in team games and opened it up to 8 players who will fight it out in a 4 week campaign. I modified the rules as well, basically the rules for the buildings I kept the same such as getting a USR for each command bunker for a unit, 50 additional points for each manufactorum, etc. I did create some specific scenarios however kept them pretty simple as to not confuse the players or myself.

The Map is just great for keeping track of wins and losses and inspires players to try their best at winning as with each loss, they lose one of their precious tiles. The games have been surprising with the supposed "good" players losing to the mediocre players in some games and supposed top codex's losing to non competitive ones. All in all the campaign has been fun to run and I can't wait to start another one, I will just make it a point to play in the next one as in this one everybody is showing up to play with no chance to play the "ringer" unlike the last time I ran it. The next time will also have more of a theme, Imperium vs. Chaos/Xenos or something like that. We shall see..

No comments:

Post a Comment