Friday, April 27, 2012

hate-mongers, Doom and Gloom, End of World as we know it

So today as I was doing my daily rounds of looking at rumors, at my blog rolls, listening to podcast, etc, and I come across a certain blog article that just for the lack of better term, irritated me. Here this self professed prophet of 40K talking about doom and gloom for 40K, that 6th edition will be the deathknell for the game and as proof, he points to 8th edition Fantasy as a presedent. Look buddy, 6th edition isn't even out, why not wait for it and I don't know, play some games and then make you decision if the game is going to hell or not. Instead this Talking Head points the finger at the people running the major tourneys like Adepticon, Nova, etc and tells them that instead of writing faqs to help with speeding up game play (helping with answering contenous rules, etc.)to rewrite an entire new game of 40K. He accuses them of being little Napoleons that the only rules they seem to be faqing are the ones they got screwed over by when they played. I guess the idea of writing a faq to help with running the tournament to fix loop holes that GW has yet to correct isnt enough for him. Game designers no matter how talented they are always going to have detractors who just hate what they do. 40K as it stands definitely has its issues, especially for competitive play but I always take the side of why I play the game, fun. I remember someone saying that 40K isn't made for competitive play and I have to agree, its not. Its a beer and pretzels game, always has been, always will. 40K prophet, its people like you that ruin the game for me, you dont like the game, play another one its as simple as that. Warmachine or FOW definitely have rule systems that are more geared toward competitive play. You want to improve 40K, why not get together with other like minded people and start something for competitive play? Why not write a codex for your favorite army and submit it to the Codex Project to have it play tested by the community? All in all, instead of complaining and bitching, why not do something constructive? Stop being such a buzzkill dude...

No comments:

Post a Comment