Wednesday, October 9, 2013

All Hail Forge World!!

I guess Forgeworld is the future for all of us chaos players.  Recently the rules for both primarchs and their legions was released for both the word bearers and the Nightlords.  When Forgeworld announced that they would be doing models and books covering the Horus Hersey, I knew that we were in store for something special. When they released rules for the first 4 legions last year as well as the models to support the book, I couldn't wait to see what they had planned for the Nightlords.   The rules that came out were pretty cool, some obvious like fear or the ability to buy trophies to cause fear to wounding easier if you outnumber your foe in any assault phase which is awesome (talent for murder).  The fact that any nightlord who fails a morale check falls back 1 inch further to being able to decide to run if they get pinned is pretty fluffy.  Night Haunter is a boss with ap2 lighting claws, throwing daggers that on a 6 causes a wound with no save allowed is just plan awesome.  And this is just the start, the fact that they also included characters from the actual black library books like Sevatar the prince of crows is what I as a nightlords player has been waiting for.   Book 2 of the horus heresy has got me motivated to convert my Nightlords army into a heresy army so over the coming months I will start to pull the trigger on several Forgeworld kits like some older marks of armor, some apothecarys, and maybe a storm eagle or 2.  The great thing is I never modeled my models with any chaos daemon bits like possessed parts, etc, they are just "evil marines with lots of trophies and the like. According to fluff, the Nightlords were using the same terror tactics since the very beginning so making the army multi-purpose should be easy.

Now that forgeworld has done something for my beloved Nightlords, what plans do GW proper have in mind for them?  The talent for murder is definitely one rule I would love to see make it in a supplement not to mention more ways to mess with leadership and cause fear checks or leadership checks at minus points.  Leadership checks would also affect marines which would be awesome since they are immune to fear.  What else could be added, stealth for all models like they had in the 3.5 codex would be a great start.  I guess in the end we will see how far GW is going to take these supplements and with the 2 marine ones coming out next month, we wont be waiting long.  Alpha Legion is rumored to be in January which hopefully is the start  of something great for chaos.  In the meantime, we shall see if anybody would mind me using the forgeworld rules for the Nightlords.  Below are my latest projects i am working on.  I am hoping to get some paint on them this week as I will be using these models in an upcoming league.

No comments:

Post a Comment