Monday, August 4, 2014

2nd 7th ed game and beyond...

Hey guys, well I finished playing my 2nd and 3rd game of 7th and in a word I am inspired.  7th edition has been everything that I wanted giving me my share of laughs, technicality, and most important fun.  Playing in a league definitely helps with this as playing at my buddy's house has its advantages namely alcohol, but also food, and a form of comradre that cant be replicated at a gamestore so easily.  With every wargame, its the community of friends that will determine the success of a game in an area.  With the closing of the gamestore that I played 40K at, games came hard to come by.  In relation warmahordes had a huge explosion of players lately and so I stared playing that as my way of getting my wargaming fun in.  Warmahordes is a tremendous game and something I will play more of whenever I get a chance as I have a great gaming group and thus never longing for a game.  But 40k for a couple of months was a dying game in my area which was sad for me.  So definitely I feel lucky that I have found a league to get my 40k fix.  In my next series of games I did find units that were allstars and that vehicles are still susceptible to be glanced out if you do throw several medium to high strength shots, (looking at you Tau/Necrons).  The definite allstar that I have seen are chariots especially the Catacomb command barge aka the douche canoe (thank you 11th company for a great name).  The fact that it has a 2+ 3++ in the shooting phase, can get up due to everliving, make it a very formidable unit.  The fact that right now it can sweep zooming fliers is a little over the top.  Hopefully this will get faqed soon as I do find this a little game breaking. 

So in my 2nd game I faced the wrath of the Necrons which is one of the older armies that have stayed as one of the top armies in these early days of 7th edition.  They have great transports, somewhat resilient troops, high leadership, and above all great shooting.  Having an entire army full of AV 13 vehicles facing you is pretty tough especially if you are not prepared for it.  On top of that 2 douche canoes that are no slouches in close combat makes for a great army.  The game was a great one in an atmosphere of great friends, good beer, and awesome homemade salsa.  It was close but in the end the Necrons defeated my 3 Juggerlord CC list 5-4 in an emperor's will, vanguard strike game.  The game was definitely going my opponent's way until about turn 3 when the power of the 3 juggerlords became apparent.  Huge disappointment in my CSM squads due to yet again morale issues.  They didnt get sweep due to necron lords having low initiative but really, a 20 man unit should be able to put down a necron lord in a command barge.  They did snapshot a necron flyer down though which was cool and I had 2 csm that were left from a 12 man unit melta bomb an annihilation barge to death before getting shot down by a warrior unit next turn.  The game was close and I still could have pulled it off if the game ended on turn 5 or 7.  Alas it ended on turn 6 and with it the juggerlords lost their first game of 7th edition.  The juggerlords still proved to me that close combat is still viable as long as you have great terrain and amongst all at least one line blocking terrain piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment