Saturday, December 28, 2019

WIP in progress - Iron Warriors Warband - Dark Mechanicus

Sup guys, 
So here is my next update for models that are WIP.  They are almost done and I am happy with the result thus far.  These models are for my so called Dark Mechanicus army, an army that i started back in 6th edition comprised of as many daemon engines as possible.  I decided to build this after i saw the first warpsmith model and forgefiend models and yes even though they were really not great in game, i loved the models so much that i purchased 3 more and got the idea of doing an army of these.  Back in those days since we didnt have any specific legion rules, I decided to paint them in a paint scheme that I had started back in 5th for a small space wolves army.  Enter 6th edition with the introduction of more daemon engines which i fell in love with with their unique designs as well as the warpsmith model that I decided to start a chaos dark mechanicus army and used the same paint scheme since its something i had never seen before.  I used the army extensively in 6th and 7th and even won a tournament or too with it.  I'm proud to say that I have also won 2 painting competitions with it and I jokingly mused to one of my buddies that I can sell this army as a painting award winning...lol.  I was quite humbled by the experience to be honest as I didnt think the scheme was all that ground breaking but I will take it.  Below are the pics of my almost done Lord Discordant and done 4 obliterators.  

This pic was snapped during a recent game with them.  It was a fun 3 player game with one objective in the middle that was the only way you could score.  The game ended with the Sister's player taking it all but not before my Dark Mech took a huge toll on both his army and our Death Guard opponent.  
Here my Oblits and Forgefiend under the command of my Master of Possessions maintain a steady stream of fire on both my opponents.  I really love how the Master of Possessions buffs all daemon engine and daemon unit with her spells, she is now an auto take in all of my dark mech armies.  Let me know what you guys think.

No comments:

Post a Comment