Thursday, May 20, 2010

Terrain Building...



So the time has come for me to start building some more terrain for my new portable gaming table, portable in a sense that I could fold both 6 foot tables in half when I am done using them. Though our humble abode is pretty small, my lovely significant other allowed me to pick up 2 six foot foldable tables that when placed side by side make a very nice 6x4 1/2 gaming table. I just cant believe I didn't think about this before and the tables service double duty when we have BBQs. The nice thing about our place is that we have a private enclosed patio where the "gaming" table fits perfectly and with spring weather here out west, its nice to be able to play outside. If the need arises and we need to play indoors, it will only take me to move my couch around to make the room. Pics are of the finished terrain piece, finished building that is, I still need to prime it and then paint it. I picked up this GW piece almost 7 months ago just because I loved the look of it, now with a table to use it on, I finally found the need to build it. Starting with the Medusa V campaign almost 3-4 years ago, GW has started to put out some great looking terrain pieces including the fortress of Redemption, the Sky shield landing pad, and the imperial Sector (city stuff). Back when Medusa V was going on I also picked up that Battle Mat, cool looking giant 6x4 poster really which at the time I was really disappointed with but it sure does look nice, maybe I will get it laminated to make it more sturdy. I'm hoping to get this done in the next couple of days as I want to get back to painting more sisters. Arrgh, a hobbyists work is never done..

No comments:

Post a Comment