Monday, September 20, 2010

Test 1...


Today was the first day I took out my Chaos (space wolves) army for a "test drive". All I gotta say is OMG!!! This first game with my Space Wolves was definitely a surprise for me, I knew that the list was going to do well but I expected to tie or lose until I got the hang of the list.

What I didn't count on was how forgiving the army was. My first game I played a very good Black Templar player who has been using his army for years now and is a very accomplished player.

I actually played him during a tournament last year and he soundly beat my Thousand sons army with the same army. I deliberately held my "hammer" unit of the 3 thunder lords and their dog retinue on the right side of the table away from his sword brethren terminator squad in a landraider whom he deployed on his right side. I threw them a bone by letting them munch on my blood claws squad which he charged and killed all but one of them. I then assaulted them with my venerable dread after shooting them up with a squad of grey hunters. My Dread actually ended up holding up the squad until turn 5 which effectively took them out of the game until my lords could get over to that side. My 2 mistakes was deploying my 2 long fangs squads with for all of their trouble only killed 1 rhino and maybe 6 neophytes. They really didn't contribute much to the game as by killing the landraider the game would have been easier for me. My second was a missed assault with my dogs and my lords by failing a roll to assault 3 squads at once having him in return assault me.

This action killed all of my dogs thus giving him a kill point and possibly could have lost 1 or 2 of my lords, thank goodness for 2+ saves as my opponent put about 15 wounds on my lords, wounding 2 of them. After these mistakes though my 3 lords accounted for 48 dead marines including the emperors champion and his marshal. I hope to have more of the army painted before next Saturday in time for the tourney, at least I dont have to have the whole army done by then as the tourney organizer just wants the armies to be WYSIWYG... Pics are of my 3 Thunders lords about 40% done.

No comments:

Post a Comment