Thursday, September 23, 2010

Test 2...


Well I got the chance this Wednesday to try out my army once again before the big tournament. As I mentioned in an earlier post, my lovely wife allowed me to purchase 2 6 by 2 tables which when put together form a nice 6x4 gaming table, of course after I lay down my battlemat and some terrain. As our living space is limited, the only place to play confortably is in our patio and as the temperature had dropped significantly would be nice to play outside after work. Wednesdays is our weekly gaming/painting meet between my wife and my best friend to talk strategy, paint some models, and play some games. We rarely play 40K until our weekly Saturday club meetings at our FLGS so this was definitely a chance I couldnt pass up. My friend is also going to be in the tournament and will be taking a tough as nails Chaos list. This list consists of 2 squads of terminators, a chaos terminator lord, deamon prince, and a greater daemon. Along with these hard hitting units he is also bringing with him oblits, a defiler, landraider, and vindicator. I love this list as having all of these options makes it hard for an opponent to know what to shoot at first I mean do I go after the defiler, the vindicator, the daemon prince, or the landraider; not to mention the rhinos full of chaos space marines and chosen. This is where long fangs just shine, with their ability to split fire I could potential take out 3-4 vehicles a turn or put a lot of wounds on a daemon prince. My friend deployed first with his most hard hitting units in the center getting ready for the charge. I deployed my super unit in the center to soak up some damage with my long fangs squad deployed on each side of my deployment area (we were playing kill points/pitched battle like the tourney).

My Grey hunters were also deployed in this way along with my blood claws and Dread. What we both didnt expect was that I would steal the initiative and take out his defiler and vindi in the first turn!! My super unit did what they do best and took out some rhinos, the land raider, and some terminators. His daemon prince actually did pretty well against my lords actually killing one of them and killing all of my dogs. This I expected as a slaaneshi daemon prince with warp time is still very deadly. By the time turn 5 came around, my friend only had his greater deamon and a rhino filled with 9 chaos marines. I cant say that I should take all the credit as my friend was for the most part rolling pretty bad, especially his reserve rolls with his greater daemon not coming out until turn 5 and his terminator lord with his retinue not coming until turn 4, still my list performed brilliantly and I will definitely go on record with saying that as it stands now, the Space Wolves are without a doubt the strongest codex out there. Now to see how I do in the tournament as I will be facing blood angels and definitely space wolves. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment