Thursday, March 31, 2011

Back to the Thousand Sons..


I finally got my 3rd squad of Thousand Sons painted, my army now will be completely made of fearless units except for the sorcerer but as long as I keep him/her in a squad, they are fearless as well. I might trade out my possessed for termies but like I stated in an earlier post, I just love these guys. When GW released these models, I knew that I wanted to have at least a squad of them. Once the chaos codex dropped however and with it sub par rules to go along with the possessed, most people I know decided against them. I don't care, I keep using them as I just love the look of the models; besides, roll a 6 on the daemonkin chart and you might have a unit that could potentially take on any unit in the game. Combine them with an icon of slaannesh or Khorne and even if you roll something other then the dreaded 1, they can still put out a lot of damage.

If I drop the possessed, I could do a termie squad and replace an oblit for a vindicator which would provide me with another threat, a threat that just causes opponents to just concentrate on the vindi; it makes a pretty cheap bullet magnet, well cheap for the Chaos dex anyways. This last Saturday I tried my new army and it performed pretty good.

My thousand sons even though one squad was charged by a squad of killer kans held them for 3 turns of the game until the game ended. Yes I couldn't do anything to them but the fact that they held the squad and didn't allow them to run amok on my team-mates imperial guard squads helped us last until the end of the game. Artimus's squad helped him slaughter a squad of 4 thunderwolves after getting charged by them. No matter how many power weapons or rending hits my opponent put on the squad, their 4 + invul made it so that I would get a save no matter what. That and having Artimus (count as Kharn)in the squad made charging the squad pretty dangerous.

I plan on building a Rhino for them as well in order to keep all of my troops mobile. My local FLGS plans on running another campaign for April but this time the points limit will be 1500pts instead of 1250 like the one in March. For this one, my Thousand Sons might make an appearance...

No comments:

Post a Comment