Wednesday, March 25, 2020

WIP Thousand Sons Rubric Marines

What is up everybody?  Hoping everybody is keeping safe from this Corona Virus outbreak.  If you would have asked me a couple of weeks ago that the US would be in total shut down due to the corona virus, I would have laughed at you.  But here we are hunkered down in our homes trying to keep safe.  The only good thing about this is the time we have with our familes and our hobby.  No more excuses everybody, we need to get cracking and get some models painted.  So I wanted to share this quick post on my work in progress Thousand Sons.  So with the Coronoa Virus situation going around, a lot of us are getting more and more hobby time and I for one want to take advantage of the situation.  These past few days my wife and I have enjoyed playing some old school Xbox live games, watching Netflix, playing video games, and getting some more hobby time in.  I am finally able to concentrate on my 2020 army now, the Thousand Sons.  About 2 years ago for Christmas, I was gifted by my wife several of the new Thousand Sons kits.  
I have always been a Thousand Sons fan since back in the 3.5 codex days and have a sizeable old Thousand Sons army.  Once the new kits started coming out, i instantly fell in love with this and decided to make the hard decision of replacing my old rubric marines with these new kits.  I plan on keeping these old ones and maybe use them for bigger games after i rebase them.  I am planning on keeping my custom made sorcerer to go along my new exalted sorcerers and of course my old Ahriman metal model to go along the new Ahriman model.  
I plan on running a heavy character army for all that smiting spam goodness but will be taking several units of rubrics instead of cheap Tzaangors.  Dont get me wrong, Tzaangors will have a place in my army and I will still be bringing a 20 man unit.  For their cost, they are pretty good and make a mockery of cultists.  I have already started working on my first 10 Tzanngors and have already built my 3 exulated sorcerers.  Those models are just amazing, the amount of bits you get allows you to build truely unique characters for your army.  Once I get some paint on them I will show those off next.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment