Sunday, June 20, 2010

40K Tournament - Round 2...




So this past Saturday marked the 2nd round of Games-Workshop 1750 40K tournament. Coming in with a win I really was excited to see who and what army I would be facing. I took the same army as last month (Pre-Hersey Thousand Sons) however I did change it up a bit. I took Artimus the Twisted (count as Kharn) and played with cheaper Thousand Sons units due to victory points killing me the last time. Upon getting there and having the manager roll up my random opponent, I got to play a Space Marine player with a unique hammer unit. After my opponent deployed, I saw that he had put down a landraider crusader with some thunder hammer storm shields termies and a chaplain. Just because I like to be open about my army and after I explained my army to him, I asked if their was anything special regarding the squad. To my surprise I found out that I was facing Lysander, Grey Knight termies, and a Chaplain. I just smiled at my opponent and said, gee glad I asked. I am all about "count as" armies however I hate it when players don't even tell you what a model is unless you ask them. It just seemed that this guy wasn't going to spoil the surprise unless I asked him. First couple of turns went my way or as best as they could based on my horrible dice rolls. My MVP's of last month, my Rhino mounted Havocs with 4 melta guns just became a speed bump for my opponents hammer unit. By turn 5, I was down by 2 kill points and needed that turn 6 to possibly win the game, I had Lysander and his chaplain down to 1 wound and only one grey knight left on the side of the table that my army was at. Alas, It wasn't meant to be, I rolled and got a 2 ending the game. Though my opponent pulled a "cheesy move" in the beginning, through out the game he was a blast to play with and was a gracious winner. At least I beat him in victory points so I got the moral victory... lol. Pics are of some of the units I used in the game, I will upload better pics of the army in my next posts

No comments:

Post a Comment